What to expect of us and what we expect of you.
Welcome to our website. We are designing space for you to have a secure, flexible space to find information when you need it, and hopefully join our online community. Though our intent is for your information to be yours and yours alone there are times when we may use and or share information. This document addresses our expectations of you and what you can expect for us.
The “we” or “us” refers to Institute for Career Transitions, Inc. (ICT), owner of the website. ICT is a registered nonprofit with a business office at 820 Riverside Drive, Methuen, MA 01844.
The “Site” is www.ictransitions.org which is hosted for us by an ICT vendor.
“You” refers to you, the user or viewer of our website.
After reviewing this document and you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to our use of your information and to the following terms and conditions.
Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect includes information in relation to your use of ICT services. This describes how we may have occasion to use your information.
Aggregated non-identifiable (personal identifiers removed) data may be collected to:
- analyze and spot trends to help us better serve you
- shared with vendors for the same reason
Personal information collected on this Site will only be used to operate the Site and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. In support of these uses, ICT may use personal information to:
- provide you with more effective customer service
- improve the Site
- make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information
- customize the Site to your preferences or interests
If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, ICT may disclose personal information to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ICT or the Site
- protect and defend the rights or property of ICT and our family of Web sites
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of ICT employees or agents, users of ICT products or services, or members of the public
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of ICT and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to identify your account as a registered user of ICT. To fully utilize ICT as a registered user, please make sure your browser accepts cookies from our website.
Vendor Restricted Access
ICT works with other companies to develop and provide services on its behalf, such as Web site hosting, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our programs, special offers, and other new programs or services.
We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Credit card information is handled on a secure vendor site. We do not store any of your credit card information on our Site.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can review and edit the personal information you provided at this Site at any time through ‘profile update’ links provided.
What We Expect of You – And You of Us
- The nature of the Site and our service/commitment to you means that we will be improving and making changes to this site and as such is subject to change without notice.
- We do our best to affiliate with reliable and ethical sources and service providers. However, we cannot warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose nor can we guarantee or warrant that the services provided will at all times be error-free or invulnerable to the unlawful activities of third parties (as in the case of web hosting or credit card processing). As much as we’d like to know everything for everybody it is not realistic, and we and our third parties expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In our effort to connect you with relevant topics and services we will provide links to other websites. They are provided for your convenience and do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
- Though we have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) we do want to hear of your experiences and if there are any issues so we can make appropriate judgments about the value of the link or service.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use. We expect you to do your own assessment and vetting of appropriate information for your purposes. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we are not be liable.
- Our site is for your use only. We expect you to choose and maintain a strong password for login purposes and that you will protect your login and not share it with others nor will you use the site for any unauthorized or unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to remove you from our site should you engage in such activities.
Copyright Notice and Other Legalese
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
We would be thrilled if you find inspiration and value from our site and encourage you to share with others with appropriate recognition to its source. However, wholesale copying of our site or its contents – with or without attribution and whether or not for commercial purposes – is not permitted without our permission.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America and in particular the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event of any legal dispute, all court proceedings will take place in the state or federal courts within Massachusetts.
Comments and How to Contact Us
ICT welcomes your comments on all things including these terms and conditions and privacy statement. If you believe that ICT has not adhered to our commitment, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
We expect that by accessing the Site, you have read and can live with the information collected and use practices described in this statement.
We look forward to welcoming you into our community.
Last reviewed/updated: Nov, 2020